Transparency Report: Overview
"We've worked hard over the years to earn our users' trust and we fight hard to preserve it."
Marissa Mayer, Yahoo CEO
Over 1 billion people globally visit Yahoo for daily habits like email, photo sharing, news and sports. Like other technology companies, we regularly receive requests from governments around the world to disclose certain user data or remove content.
Our users enlighten and inform everything we do, including how we approach government activities that impact them. Our commitment to and concern for your privacy, security and freedom are expressed in our users first approach to these activities.
- Why are certain countries represented in Yahoo’s Transparency Report while others are not?
- Under what circumstances will Yahoo disclose information about a user to a government agency?
- Does Yahoo ever disclose user data to government agencies without first receiving legal process?
- Does this Transparency Report include statistics regarding data requests received by Yahoo from non-government entities?
- Does this Transparency Report include statistics regarding Government Data Requests received by Tumblr?
- What do the terms in your report mean?
Other transparency reports providing information about government requests, include the following: